Karamara Engineering PLC
KARAMARA ENGINEERING PLC (KAMECo) a professional indigenous firm in Ethiopia focused on promoting sustainable use of Ethiopia’s precious surface and underground water resources by its entire people. The company was established in 2005 and restructured as a private limited company in July 2014.
KaMECO strives to provide reliable, efficient, and innovative engineering consulting services through multicultural teams of top-level specialists working in partnership with their clients. Our aim is to build a reputation of excellence through a dynamic and competent workforce respected for its skills, integrity, innovation, openness, cost-effectiveness, teamwork and technical expertise.
Since its inception, KaMECO has been striving for excellence and has established a reputation as one of the leading consulting firms in the region. We provide innovative solutions to a wide range of WATSAN engineering challenges and believe that the greatest asset a consulting firm can offer is a versatile, highly capable team of engineers.
KaMECO’s key values are:
KAMECO aims to provide solutions that are practical and aesthetically pleasing. Quality assurance and control are integral parts of our business, not an afterthought. Experience, expertise, innovation, knowledge and flexibility allow KAMECO to undertake specialized engineering projects from conception to completion. While most of the projects undertaken by KAMECO are located in Ethiopia, activities in neighboring countries such as Somaliland have been expanding rapidly over the recent years, both in number and size.
CORE AREAS OF EXPERTISE
KAMECO provides a wide range of specialized consulting services including those indicated below. KAMECO’s philosophy of quality and cost optimization ensures environmentally sound, energy-efficient solutions that are practical and aesthetically pleasing. At KAMECO, quality assurance and control are integral parts of our business, not an afterthought.
Experience, expertise, innovation, knowledge and flexibility allow us to undertake specialized engineering projects from conception to completion. Our teams are able to combine their knowledge with KAMECO’s integrated solutions approach to study, design, administer and supervise a wide range of innovative engineering fields.
The main activities we perform include:
- Identify the most practical and dependable water source
- Topographic and profile Survey
- Hydraulic design
- Design of pressure, distribution, treatment and storage facilities, electromechanical system
- Construction Supervision and Contract Administration
- Identification of Potential groundwater resource areas using remote sensing and GIS techniques
- Geological Studies
- Geophysical Investigation
- Evaluation of groundwater resource
- Verification of Feasibility of groundwater development in 30 sites and drilling supervision and contract Administration of 15 deep wells in pocket areas of Addis Ababa
- Detail Hydrogeological Survey, Hilala Oil Field, Somali Region, POLY_GCL Petroleum Investment LTD Ethiopian Branch
- Detailed Groundwater Study for Awassa Industrial Park water supply, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
- Detail groundwater feasibility study for Irrigation Water supply in Mohoni, Tigray, Villa Verde Foods Plc
- Identify potential drilling sites for China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) in 15 base camps
- Groundwater Resource evaluation of Ogaden Region for Delonex Energy Ethiopia Limited.
- Thermal groundwater Study for AA Hilton Hotel
- Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) study of Orbasho and Kapa Maga Mini Watersheds, Konso Wereda, WaterAid Ethiopia.
- Groundwater modeling of wellfield in Lake Alemaya, Harar water supply and Sewerage Authority, Harar town.WATSAN data collection and analysis for Hintalo-Wajirat wereda, WaterAid Ethiopia, Southern zone Tigray region
- Evaluation of GTF implemented WATSAN projects funded by Oxfam Canada, Oxfam Canada, Metehara
- Evaluation of EU funded Community Water Management projects implemented by Save the Children (UK), Save the Children Fund (UK), Southern Wello Zone, Amhara Region
- Evaluation of DFID funded WATSAN projects implemented by Save the Children (UK), Save the Children (UK), Jijiga and Shinille zones, Somali Region
- Inventory and evaluation of 536 rural water supply schemes constructed by ESRDF. Amhara Water, Mines and Energy Resource Development
- Capacity building training of technicians of Jerer Water Supply, Oxfam GB Jijiga zone, Somali region
- Preparation of Hygiene education manual, and training of TOTs SC UK, Somali Region
- Training of basic geophysical survey and VES equipment use for Oromiya Water Bureau in association with Pile Foundation and Water Well Drilling Enterprise (PFWWDE)
- Training of basic geophysical survey and VES equipment use for Southern Region Water Bureau in association with Pile Foundation and Water Well Drilling Enterprise (PFWWDE)
Some of Our Clients
- Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority
- Regional Government Water Bureau Offices
- Ries Engineering
- Ethio Nippon (Mistibushi)
- Heineken Breweries SC
- Dashen Brewery
- East Africa Bottling (Coca Cola)
- Ethiopian Railways Corporation
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Deba Cement
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Oxfam GB
- Oxfam Intermon
- WaterAid Ethiopia
- Plan International Ethiopia
- Save the Children
- World Bank Ethiopia