Drilling and construction of Shallow Wells
INVITATION FOR RE-BID
To: All contractors of category WC. Class six and above with renewed license valid for the 2014 E.C.
- The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation & Energy Resources Development Bureau invites eligible bidders with a renewed license for 2014E.C, registration card issued from the Ministry of Water and Energy, VAT registration certificate, and Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- . The source of funds is COWASH PROJECT.
- The location of the well’s sites is described in the table below.
|Lot to||Zones||Woredas||No Shallow Wells||Sub total||Source of|
|Lot 1||Assosa||Bambasi||6||2-with head work||16||COWASH|
|4-without head work|
|Bildigilu||10||4-with head work|
|6-without head work|
|Total no of shallw wells||16||6-with head work||16||COWASH|
|10-without head work|
4. An interested bidder can purchase a complete set of bidding documents in English from the day that the re-advertisement appears in the Ethiopian Herald newspaper from at (1). Room No. 04 Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Addis Ababa. Or (2). Room No. B-06 in Benishangul Gumuz Region Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau, Assosa for 15 calendar days from the last advertisement date of this notice on the Ethiopian herald during normal working hours upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 200.00 (Two Hundred Birr Only). The method of payment will be in cash
5. The eligible bidders are expected to go through the bidding document and submit original and copies of their technical and financial proposals as well as bid security in a separate wax-sealed envelope addressed to the Benishangul Gumuz region water, Irrigation, and energy resource development Bureau, Assosa on or before 2:30 PM on or before 15 calendar days from the last advertisement date notice on the Ethiopian Herald and Technical document shall be opened at 3:00 PM at Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy Addis Ababa. But after the technical document evaluation is responsive the financial document will be opened at the Benishangul Gumuz region water, Irrigation, and energy resource development Bureau meeting hall.
6. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the opening tender procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders. Bids shall be valid for a period of Ninety (90) days and Bid Security shall be valid for 120 days after Bid opening. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security, in an acceptable (CPO or bank guarantee) form amounting to 100,000 Birr (One Hundred Thousand) per lot and they shall be delivered to “The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau hall (Assosa) on 2:30 PM on or before 15 calendar days from the last advertisement date of this notice on the Ethiopian herald and the technical bids shall be opened at 3:00 PM at Addis Ababa in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. If the 15th Calendar day is a holiday, it will be on the next working day.
7. Bidders shall use Bill of quantities (BOD) for shallow wells as stated on the bid document/tender bid with in respect to the lot number where they want to participate
8. Bidders should provide qualification requirements which include: (i) ownership (or existing lease agreement from official (Justice)) of a suitable drilling rig, (ii) completion of drilling and construction of at least one contract of similar work in each of the last one year, (iii) annual turnover of 1.5 times the bid value in each of the last two years, (iv) liquid assets of at least 1/3 the contract value and (v) experienced drilling team. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
9. The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau reserves the right to reject all or part of the bid.
P.O.Box 51, Tel: 057-775-0719/981
Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation
and Energy Resources Development Bureau
The Ethiopian Herald: Saturday, April 2, 2022